What are the troubleshooting methods for fountain pumps
- By:Greek B2b
1. The pump does not turn when starting. Reasons: The packing is too tight or the impeller and the pump body are blocked by debris; the pump shaft, bearing, and leakage ring are rusted; the pump shaft is severely bent. Remedy: Loosen the packing, dredge the water diversion tank: disassemble the pump body to remove debris or rust; correct the bent shaft or replace the pump shaft with a new one.
2. The fountain pump does not produce water after starting. Reasons: there is air in the pump or gas accumulation in the water inlet pipe; the bottom valve is not closed tightly and the water is not filled, the vacuum pump packing is seriously leaking; the gate valve or flap door is not closed tightly. Remedy: remove debris, replace the damaged rubber pad, change the direction of the valve plate; press or replace the new packing, close the gate valve or flap the door; increase the amount of water until there is no air bubbles at the vent plug; replace the Cracked pipe water; reduce the head and press the nozzle of the water pump into the water 0.5 meters.
3. Reasons for insufficient flow: the actual head of the pump exceeds the allowable head; the speed is not matched or the belt is slipping, and the speed is low; the blade installation angle of the axial flow pump is too small; the suction is too high; the bottom valve, pipeline and impeller are partially blocked or the impeller is defective ; The water outlet pipe leaks seriously. Remedy: reduce the head, restore the rated speed, remove the dirt on the belt and adjust the belt tightness; adjust the blade angle, lower the installation position of the water pump; tighten the gland, seal the leak of the water pump, compress the packing or replace the packing; remove the blockage, Replace the impeller; replace the leakage ring to block the leak.
4. The flow rate changes from large to small. Reason: The filter screen or bell mouth is gradually blocked by debris; the dynamic water level is lowered, and the submerged water depth of the inlet pipe is not enough. Elimination method: remove sundries, increase the depth of the bottom valve into the water.
5. Interruption of water outlet during operation Reasons: There are sundries blocking the pipeline or water inlet; the packing is worn and loose, the water seal pipe is blocked; the impeller is broken or loose; the dynamic water level drops sharply. Remedy: remove the blockage, replace the filler, clear the groove of the water diversion pipe, and install the water seal ring correctly; fasten or replace the impeller; lower the installation position of the water pump, or restart the pump after the water level rises.
6. The power consumption is too high. Reasons: the speed is too high; the pump shaft is bent; the blades are surrounded by sundries; the head is too high. Remedy: adjust the appropriate speed; correct the pump shaft; remove debris; try to reduce the head.